Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Giving is Good


Ever heard this before? You’re at a party and some guy is whining about his job – a job that sounds completely awesome to you - yet he’s endlessly complaining saying something like, “it’s not all fun and games you know.”

Well – my job is. Literally. Fun and games is just about all I do around here, and recently it’s become even more fun – ‘cause I get to give stuff away.

I’ve discovered that, as in life, giving in business is good - which is not exactly Gordon Gecko of me. The morning ritual of dealing out the hardware to the winners of the Daily Trivia contest has added a wee bit more joy to an already too-much-fun occupation.

And today positively rocked because I was away all last week so, by catching up it was a virtual charity-oh-rama!

We changed the contest while I was away from awarding a Game Wave itself, to one of the Game Wave game titles instead. The reason for this is rather simple – and not one that you would immediately suspect.

It’s not because we don’t want to give any more Game Wave’s away. It’s because at about the same time, we introduced this killer guarantee to new customers.

Let’s say you win the Daily Trivia and you already have a console. It’s nice to get another one to give as a gift I suppose (after all - giving is good) but it’s actually better for you personally if you can get another game gratis to play with at home.

If you don’t have a Game Wave – we’ll ship one out to you for free for a month – and you get two games to play with. If you don’t like it, give us a shout and well have it picked up – all at no charge to you.

That’s how confident we are about the Game Wave. And I can guarantee one other thing:

No other gaming console company would ever do this.

Which either makes us special, or especially weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If giving is so good - how come you never give anything to me?

Seriously - I've been playing for weeks!

Gavin said...

Ah, well.

Sorry about that, but the draw is random.

I swear it's nothing personal. Hope you are enjoying the game however.

Anonymous said...

How are winners notified and at what time are they notified?

Going from the trivia winner's list, it appears that I might have won... Or it could have been coincidence.

Gavin said...

Each winner is notified by the e-mail that they provided.

So if you are indeed the winner, first off, congrats! However if you haven't receive the notice, either we have the wrong e-mail address, or it ended up in your spam folder.

E-mail me at gavin@zapitgames.com and we'll get this sucker straightened out.

Cheers - Gavin

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found the e-mail in my spam blocker's e-mail list.

I guess the e-mail probably contains a bit too much marketing information for the spam blocker's liking. ;)